You can now use TaxSlayer to complete your tax return on your own. TaxSlayer is the same IRS funded program that we use to complete returns here at LUM.
To get started, just click here: insert link when we have it
BUT BEFORE DOING THAT there are two things you need to have.
- An Email Address
- Your 2019 Adjusted Gross Income (AGI)
- If you have a copy of your 2019 Tax Return, you can find your AGI on line 8b of form 1040.
- If you do not have a copy of your 2019 Tax Return you can get your 2019 AGI from the IRS by going to https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript Please be aware that it might take some time for the IRS to validate your identity and provide you with an electronic copy of your 2019 tax return
- Even if you had your 2019 taxes done here at LUM, we CANNOT give you your 2019 AGI over the phone.
- To get a paper copy of your tax return from LUM, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 2019 AGI.
- We will print out a copy of your 2019 return and email you back to let you know it is ready. You can pick it up at LUM any time M-F from 10:00 to 4:30 with a valid photo ID.
If you run into problems or questions while working through your return, email @lumserve.org for assistance. A volunteer will do their best to respond to you within 24 hours.
- NOTE: If you are an International (Foreign) Student or Scholar, please go to https://sites.google.com/view/purduetaxhelp to complete your return