Date — Tuesday, July 27 through Friday, July 30, 2021
Location — Hanging Rock Camp, near West Lebanon in Warren County
Bus Transportation — To & from LUM Camp is provided
- Date/Time — Tuesday, July 27 at 8:30 a.m.
- Location — Parking lot TBD
- There is no need to arrive early, but please don’t be late!
- Buses will leave for LUM Camp on Tuesday, July 27 at 9:00 a.m. SHARP
Pick Up – End of Camp:
- Date/Time — Friday, July 30 at 2:00 p.m.
- Location — Parking lot TBD
- PLEASE be on time to meet your child
- No child will be allowed to walk home alone
- If you cannot pick up your child, please fill out a yellow form to let us know who will be picking up your child
What to Bring (Please label all items with your child’s name):
- Jeans, pants, shorts, T-shirts, long sleeve shirt/blouse
- Underwear, socks
- Swim suit (must be a one-piece suit for girls)
- Jacket or sweatshirt
- Two pairs of shoes (sneakers or tennis shoes)
- Sleeping bag or two sheets and a blanket
- Pillow and pillowcase
- Two towels
- Soap, body wash
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Comb, brush
- Mediations – Any medications (prescription or “over the counter”) that your child will need to take. Please bring enough medicine for the entire week.
What NOT to Bring:
- NO – Cell phones
- NO – Electronics: including but not limited to Radios, IPods, IPads, laptops, tablets, CD players or video games, etc.
- NO – Cameras
- NO – Money (there is nothing to buy at camp)
- NO – Trading cards, etc.
Cancellation: If your child is unable to attend camp, please let us know as soon as possible so another child may attend. To cancel, please call 765-423-2691.
Pay Camp Fee: $5 per child
- 3 Ways to Pay: Pay Online -or- Pay in Person -or- Pay by Mail
- Pay Online – through Paypal – click HERE
- Pay in Person – stop by the LUM Office (420 N 4th Street, Lafayette, IN 47901), Monday-Friday: 8:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Pay by Mail – Make checks payable to Lafayette Urban Ministry; and mail to Lafayette Urban Ministry, 420 N 4th Street, Lafayette, IN 47901
- Parent/guardian must attend
- Learn in detail what your child will experience at LUM Camp
- Date/Time: Thursday, July 22 at 6:00 p.m.
- Location: LUM Ray Ewry Center, 525 N 4th Street, downtown Lafayette, IN
Marlena Edmondson, LUM Camp director
765.423.2691 | email@example.com
- Week-long, overnight camp
- Dates: Tuesday-Friday, July 27-30, 2021
- Location: Hanging Rock Camp, Williamsport, Indiana
- Swimming, horseback riding, arts & crafts, music, campfire, ice cream social, reading time, and more
- Meals included
- Mini-classes and workshops
- Camp T-shirt
Who’s eligible for LUM Camp:
- Children between the ages of 8 to 10 years old — during the entire time of camp
(July 27-30, 2021)
- Family must qualify for Federal free lunch, food stamps, or TANF
— or have a family income at or below 150% of the poverty level
- Limited to 90 children
What you need to submit with your application and registration:
- TANF or Food Stamps ID card — or proof of monthly household income
- Children’s names, date of birth, grade, school
- Medical information – medication and allergy information, if applicable
- Emergency contact information (at least two)
- Read and agree to the Behavior Expectations for Camp
- Hand-written LETTER to each child. For more detailed instructions, click HERE
Dear LUM Camp Parent,
Just a reminder that LUM Camp begins Tuesday, July 27 with check-in at 8:30 a.m. in the parking lot TBD. We will return there on Friday, July 30 at 2:00 p.m.
REMEMBER: Send clothing for four days (days are warm, evenings are cool) including a one-piece bathing suit
- Send two pairs of tennis shoes
- Each child should bring a sleeping bag (or sheets and blankets) a pillow, towels, and toiletries
- If your child takes medications, please send enough for the entire week and give all medications to the nurse at check-in
- Don’t send snacks, money, flashlights or bug spray
There is a Parents Meeting on THURSDAY, July 22 at 6:00 p.m. at the LUM Ray Ewry Center, 525 N 4th Street, downtown Lafayette, IN. Your child’s camp schedule for the week will be shared, emergency numbers to Hanging Rock Camp will be given and LUM Camp staff will be available for questions.
We are looking forward to a great camp week! If you have any questions, please call or email Marlena Edmondson, LUM Camp director (765.423.2691 | firstname.lastname@example.org).