July 17, 2018
Dear LUM Camp Parent,
Just a reminder that LUM Camp begins Tuesday, July 31st with check-in at 8:30 a.m. in the parking lot at 5th & North Streets in Lafayette. We will return there on Friday, August 3rd at 2:00 p.m.
There is a Parents Meeting on THURSDAY, July 26 at 6:00 p.m. at the LUM Office, 420 N 4th Street, Lafayette. I’ll share your child’s camp schedule for the week, give emergency numbers to Hanging Rock Camp and be available for questions.
- Send clothing for 4 days (days are warm, evenings are cool) including a one-piece bathing suit
- Send 2 pairs of tennis shoes
- Each child should bring a sleeping bag (or sheets and blankets) a pillow, towels, and toiletries
- If your child takes medications, please send enough for the entire week and give all medications to the nurse at check-in
- Don’t send snacks, money, flashlights or bug spray
We are looking forward to a great camp week! If you have any questions, please call Marlena at 765-423-2691.
Tuesday, July 31 through Friday, August 3, 2018
Hanging Rock Camp, near West Lebanon in Warren County
Bus Transportation —
to/from LUM Camp is Provided
- Date/Time — Tuesday, July 31 at 8:30 a.m.
- Location — Parking lot at 5th and North Streets, Lafayette (behind Trinity United Methodist Church)
- There is no need to arrive early, but please don’t be late!
- Buses will leave for LUM Camp on Tuesday, August 1 at 9:00 a.m. SHARP
Pick Up – End of Camp:
- Date/Time — Friday, August 3 at 2:00 p.m.
- Location — Parking lot at the corner of 5th and North Streets, Lafayette
- PLEASE be on time to meet your child
- No child will be allowed to walk home alone
- If you cannot pick up your child, please fill out a yellow form to let us know who will be picking up your child
What to Bring (Please label all items with your child’s name):
- Jeans, pants, shorts, T-shirts, long sleeve shirt/blouse
- Swim suit (must be a one-piece suit for girls)
- Jacket or sweatshirt
- Two pairs of shoes (sneakers or tennis shoes)
- Sleeping bag or two sheets and a blanket
- Pillow and pillowcase
- Two towels, soap
- Toothbrush and toothpaste, comb, brush
- Underwear, socks
- Any medications (prescription or “over the counter”) that your child will need to take. Please bring enough medicine for the entire week.
What NOT to Bring:
- NO – Cell phones
- NO – Electronics: including but not limited to Radios, IPods, IPads, laptops, tablets, CD players or video games, etc.
- NO – Cameras
- NO – Money (there is nothing to buy at camp)
- NO – Trading cards, etc.
Cancellation: If your child is unable to attend camp, please let us know as soon as possible so another child may attend. To cancel, please call 765-423-2691.
Pay Camp Fee: $5 per child
- 3 Ways to Pay: Pay Online -or- Pay in Person -or- Pay by Mail
- Pay Online – through Paypal – click HERE
- Pay in Person – stop by the LUM Office (420 N 4th Street, Lafayette, IN 47901), Monday-Friday: 8:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Pay by Mail – Make checks payable to Lafayette Urban Ministry; and mail to Lafayette Urban Ministry, 420 N 4th Street, Lafayette, IN 47901
- Parent/guardian must attend
- Learn in detail what your child will experience at LUM Camp
- Date/Time: Thursday, July 26 at 6:00 p.m.
- Location: LUM Office, 420 N 4th Street, Lafayette
Joe Micon, LUM Camp director
765.423.2691 | email@example.com
- Week-long, overnight camp
- Dates: Tuesday-Friday, July 31-August 3, 2018
- Location: Hanging Rock Camp, Williamsport, Indiana
- Swimming, horseback riding, arts & crafts, music, campfire, ice cream social, reading time, and more
- Meals included
- Mini-classes and workshops
- Camp T-shirt
Who’s eligible for LUM Camp:
- Children between the ages of 8 to 10 years old — during the entire time of camp (July 31-August 3, 2018)
- Family must qualify for Federal free lunch, food stamps, or TANF
— or have a family income at or below 150% of the poverty level
- Limited to 90 children
What you need to submit with your application and registration:
- TANF or Food Stamps ID card — or proof of monthly household income
- Children’s names, date of birth, grade, school
- Medical information – medication and allergy information, if applicable; Immunization Record
- Emergency contact information (at least two)
- Read and agree to the Behavior Expectations for Camp
- Hand-written LETTER to each child. For more detailed instructions, click HERE